December 30, 2015
Top 10 Reasons Art Does Not Have to Match Your Couch
10. It’s your opportunity to be bold and show that you’re fearless!
9. Not only does art not have to match your couch, it doesn’t even have to match your entire interior aesthetic. If your décor is traditional, one contemporary piece of art can give your room an eclectic feel of pure sophistication.
8. If you can express your passion for a piece of art in words, then there’s room for it somewhere in your home.
7. There’s a reverence about art. If it screams, or even whispers to your soul, then it should belong to you.
6. “Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.”- Edward Degas
5. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, couches, not so much.
4. If you love a piece of art, it will match the other things that you love. If there’s something in your home that you no longer feel strongly about, perhaps you should rethink keeping it.
3. Art, that you love, enhances your overall happiness level and we all need a little more of that
2. You inner child will rejoice!
1. If none of these help, maybe you need a new couch.
December 30, 2015
Love this. Please people. Buy what you love. It will all come together beautifully. Just trust your instinct!!!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
May 15, 2017
April 29, 2017
They summon us to eat, work, wake, pray and even gather; bells provide the music to the soundtrack known as life.
Back in February, when we went to Tucson, we discovered The Bell Collection. We were enamored by the display of dainty bells hanging from above, calling us to take a closer look at each one.
April 14, 2017
According to GIA, in 2015, Christie’s and Sotheby’s had reported an estimated $1.2 billion in gemstone and jewelry sales, in addition to the $70-$80 million by Bonham’s of London and Tiancheng in Hong Kong.
Gemstones and fine jewelry continue to set records at large auction houses by collectors all over the world. Gemstone collecting continues to grow in popularity and if you’ve wanted to start your own collection, but are unsure where to start, we’ve got a few tips on how to define a collection.